Say Goodbye to Acne, Scarring and Pigmentation.
Acne is the most common skin condition in world. This can make it difficult to get clearer skin. We can help you understand acne and how to successfully treat it.
Acne appears when a pore in our skin clogs. This clog begins with dead skin cells. Normally, dead skin cells rise to surface of the pore, and the body sheds the cells. When the body starts to make lots of sebum (see-bum), oil that keeps our skin from drying out, the dead skin cells can stick together inside the pore. Instead of rising to the surface, the cells become trapped inside the pore.
Sometimes bacteria that live on our skin, p. acnes, also get inside the clogged pore. Inside the pore, the bacteria have a perfect environment for multiplying very quickly. With loads of bacteria inside, the pore becomes inflamed (red and swollen). If the inflammation goes deep into the skin, an acne cyst or nodule appears.
Acne – Cause
There are different type of Acne. The most common acne is the type that develops during the teen years. Puberty causes hormone levels to rise, especially testosterone. These changing hormones cause skin glands to start making more oil (sebum). Oil releases from the pores to protect the skin and keep it moist. Acne begins when oil mixes with dead cells and clogs the skin’s pores. Bacteria can grow in this mixture. And if this mixture leaks into nearby tissues, it causes swelling, redness, and pus. A common name for these raised bumps is pimples.
It isn’t just teens who are affected by acne. Sometimes newborns have acne because their mothers pass hormones to them just before delivery. Acne can also appear when the stress of birth causes the baby’s body to release hormones on its own. Young children and older adults also may get acne.
A few conditions of the endocrine system, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome and Cushing’s syndrome, can lead to outbreaks of acne.
Certain medicines, such as corticosteroids or lithium, can cause acne to develop. Talk to your doctor about any medicines you are taking.
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Pustules (what many people call pimples)
Acne appears on the face, but it can appear on other areas of the body. Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
Tips for Acne
- Wash twice a day and after sweating: Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser: Using a washcloth, mesh sponge or anything else can irritate the skin.
- Be gentle with your skin: Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Do not use products that irritate your skin, which may include astringents, toners and exfoliants. Dry, red skin makes acne appear worse.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse: Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Shampoo regularly: If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally: If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face: Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Avoid sun: Tanning damages you skin. In addition, some acne medications make the skin very sensitive to ultraviolet (UV) light, which you get from both the sun and indoor tanning devices.
Consult a dermatologist if:
- Your acne is leaving scars or darkening your skin.
- Your acne makes you shy or embarrassed.
Today, virtually every case of acne can be successfully treated. Our Expert and Qualified Doctors can help treat existing acne, prevent new breakouts and reduce your chance of developing scars. If you have questions or concerns about caring for your skin, you should make an appointment.
Case of Acne
Dr. Sonam Get permanent cure of Acne: Dr. Sonam by profession she is (Gynecologist).she was suffering from acne problem since 3 years. She had complaints of acne on face, chest, arm, her acne increases before her menstrual cycle. Due to repeated complaint of this so many scar develop on Face. She took so many treatment for acne from many Doctors but every time she get temporary result for this.
She take medicines from the Doctors of Kanakaveda regularly for 6 month, after that she get the good result for her complaints. Now her face is clean, acne stop completely, there is no new scar on face. She is looking pretty and confident.